As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
The Hayes Mansion resort hotel is one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. The Dolce Hayes Mansion is an exquisite fusion of turn-of-the-century luxury and high-tech convenience. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the meticulously renovated Spanish Colonial Revival-style manor is as opulent as ever. This quiet haven, complete with sweeping mountain views, offers the perfect destination for business meetings, special events, weddings or relaxing vacation – just 15 minutes from San Jose International Airport and 45 minutes from San Francisco and Monterey. Nearby, wineries, nightlife and championship golf beckon. Stunning decor, and unparalleled guest service have made the Dolce Hayes Mansion an award-winning legend once again.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Steward to work at our beautiful Dolce Hayes Mansion property in San Jose, California. This position is responsible for cleaning the entire kitchen area, cook ware, plates, glass ware and silverware and cutlery.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations.
• Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
• Clean the total kitchen including food service carts, walk-in coolers, freezers, service elevators, and loading dock area.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
• Perform ware-washing tasks on soiled dishes from the restaurant, banquet, and room service outlets, through the use of the dish machine.
• Perform the tasks required for washing pots, pans, and other equipment which must be washed by hand in the pot sinks.
• Maintain the dish machine.
• Perform routine daily maintenance of kitchen.
• Clean and polish silver and copper chafing dishes, trays, etc.; burnish all silver as necessary.
• Sweep and mop the kitchen floor as necessary to maintain a sanitary environment for food preparation.
• Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
• Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
• Remove all garbage, boxes, etc. from the main kitchen and purchasing area as necessary.
• Maintain food and beverage service equipment in an organized manner.
• Plate hot banquet food as required.