Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Maintains sanitation, cleanliness and tidiness of the bars, liquor room, bar fridge and wine cellars. Responsible for receiving the deliveries as well tidying them up. Orientates daily temporary staff to work area and work responsibilities for the day. Communicates shift issues to management to ensure information is put into the daily Communication Report
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
* Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Check fruits on the daily basis to insure they always in good condition. Report to the beverage manager if not the case. Make sure the fridge is clean at all
* Make fresh juices (Orange -- Carrot -- Grapefruit -- Watermelon) on the daily basis. All juices need to be ready for 7am every day and dispatch to all bars. The Steward might have to juice other fruits upon request.
* Restocking of the Main bar and roof. Make sure the requisition sheet is use for this purpose and fill up properly on the daily basis.
* Restocking of the wine cellar and wine storage. Make sure the wine bottles are organized accordingly and the wine cellar is always clean and tidy.
* Assist on the daily basis to the cleanliness of the main bar, roof bar and different service bars. The bar area is separated in 7 area which need to be clean on the weekly basis (one per day)
* Assists with receiving and storage of food, liquors, soda, dairy, beers and water products and supplies to ensure efficient operation
* Inventory Glassware done every first Wednesday of the month.
* Inventory Silverware done every second Wednesday of the month
* Inventory Chinaware done every third Wednesday of the month
* Reports all incidents/accidents to Executive Chef, Sous Chef & Managers immediately. Completes necessary documentation.
* Takes initiative to suggest improvements to the operating format, communicates ideas about improving and maintaining standards in their area, and fills in as needed to assure efficient operations. Follows up and follows through on daily production/tasks lists to ensure completion and turns in paperwork at end of shift.
* Maintains a professional demeanor, punctual, neat and clean in appearance, shows respect for equipment, utensils, and supplies, evidence in pride in the department and in their work. Builds and maintains good working relationships with all members of Dining Services, and Management team. Provides excellent customer service by demonstrating a "can do" outlook, flexible in approach, pleasant in manner, even tempered, friendly, cooperates with others, patient with unexpected change, helps tasks flow smoothly, is a team player. Contributes to a positive environment. Willingly supports department's goals of providing World Class Service
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Very flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and Management demands
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.