About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Welcome to the Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, overlooking the picturesque Monongahela River in Morgantown, West Virginia. This beautiful, full-service Wharf District hotel boasts 207 well-appointed guest rooms and suites with an abundance of amenities, including luxurious bedding, free high speed wireless Internet, a beautiful indoor pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, on-site dining, spa services, room service, flat screen HDTVs, and much more. We opened as a Marriott hotel in May 2017, following a complete transformation of our building. We are pleased to offer a full service Starbucks coffee shop in our lobby, our signature restaurant, Bourbon Prime, as well as an incredible location near downtown Morgantown, West Virginia University, golf courses, local wineries and other area attractions. We offer over 50,000 square feet of modern, flexible meeting and event space, and are the perfect destination to host your conference, meeting, wedding or special occasion.
The purpose of a Steward is to clean and sanitize all dishes and areas of the kitchen and assist with the food and beverage operation according to hotel standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Checks dish machine, drains tank, reassembles the machine, refills the tank and insures dish machine is ready to operate before meals.
* Checks for broken items on the floor and wet areas that may be hazardous and removes the hazard.
* Removes trash containers from food production and restaurant area when needed.
* Understands and uses safety procedures when using all equipment. Understands chemical hazards and follows safety procedures when using chemicals, chemical compounds and cleaning products.
* Knows correct temperature for washing, rinsing, and pre-soaking of all pots, pans, utensils, plates, glasses, etc.
* Assists kitchen when necessary
* Performs side duties as requested including cleaning, setting up presoaking solution, organizing and cleaning of storerooms and wet and dry storage areas, and cleaning of equipment.
* Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
* Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 to 6 months of related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
* Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
* May require ServSafe certification if aiding in basic food preparation.
The work environment normally entails the following:
* Indoor work environment
* Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
* Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
* Stand, walk more than 2/3 of the time
* Use hands to finger, handle, or feel percentage 2/3 of time
* Reach with hands and arms percentage 2/3 of time
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl percentage 1/3 of time
* Lift up to 100 pounds when removing garbage containers
* Push / pull up to 50 pounds regularly.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.