The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
The Summit offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Cincinnati experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Stewardto work at the art-centric Summit Hotel in downtown Cincinnati. This position is responsible for cleaning the entire kitchen area, cook ware, plates, glass ware and silverware and cutlery.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Clean the total kitchen including food service carts, walk-in coolers, freezers, service elevators, and loading dock area.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Perform ware-washing tasks on soiled dishes from the restaurant, banquet, and room service outlets, through the use of the dish machine.
- Perform the tasks required for washing pots, pans, and other equipment which must be washed by hand in the pot sinks.
- Minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.