Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Steward (Dish washing) - Full Time
Position Summary: Responsible for washing/sanitizing dishes, glassware, flatware, cooking pots/utensils and other food service related equipment. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as cookware, dishes and supplies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Properly sorts soiled ware and prepares it for cleaning through the dish or pot machine.
2. Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans according to hotel's standard of cleanliness.
3. Places clean dishes, utensils and cooking equipment in appropriate storage areas.
4. Stocks supplies, such utensils, in serving stations, cupboards,
5. Disposes of kitchen substances and kitchen chemicals properly. Transports garbage containers to dump sites and adheres to recycling regulations.
6. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines.
7. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
8. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
9. May perform food preparation functions such as preparing plated food in the event of staffing shortages or during peak periods.
10. May accept and sign for deliveries, ensuring all items indicated are accounted for, and stored in appropriate areas.
11. Keep dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
12. Operated burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware. De-tarnishes and polishes silver for proper appearance.
13. Communicates, to management, any shortages of china, glass, silver, chemicals, cleaning supplies, service equipment, fuel or other supplies required to complete daily functions.
14. Ensures work area is kept clean and organized.
1.No related experience and/or training required. Previous stewarding/dish washing experience preferred.
2. Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
3. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
4. Must be able to communicate, read, write and understand English.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Ability to learn proper use of equipment and cleaning materials used in cleaning assigned areas.
7. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
8. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
9. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor. Must wear designated uniform/attire including non-slip, oil resistant shoes.
10. Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
Balboa Bay Resort is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify User.