Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando
Location: US - FL - Orlando
The Starbucks Supervisor will partner with the Starbucks Outlets Manager to oversee the Starbucks outlet; ensuring our guests receive a pleasurable experience. Responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the Starbucks functions in accordance with Kessler Collection and Starbucks Corporate standards. Areas of responsibility include supervising daily Starbucks operations, preparing food and beverage products for customers, maintaining sanitation standards and assisting service staff during peak business levels. This individual strives to continually improve guest and Grand Performer satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance in the area of responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
- Supervision of Starbucks Barista
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
1. Supervisory/Guest Service – 80%
a. Acts as the guest service role model for the café; sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
b. Assists servers in the cafe during meal periods.
c. Handles guest problems and complaints.
d. Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
e. Perform all positions within the Starbucks Operations.
f. Supervises daily shift operations.
g. Ensures Grand Performers are in compliance with appearance standards.
h. Trains workers in performance of duties.
i. Empowers Grand Performers to provide excellent customer service.
j. Makes sure Grand Performers are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve associate self-confidence and increase retention.
k. Ensures staff understands and comply with sanitation guidelines.
l. Ensures point of sale operations and cash handling practices are following according to standard operating procedures.
m. Partner with job coach to ensure proper on-boarding of new Grand Performer
2. Administrative – 15%
a. Holds daily line up meeting with staff reviewing daily events, safety issues/concerns, and guest comments.
b. Assigns and coordinates work of GPs to promote efficiency of operations.
c. Creates and edits work schedules and evaluates work performance of GPs..
d. Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures.
e. Makes certain corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
f. Provide feedback to Outlet Manager regarding Grand Performer performance or disciplinary issues.
g. Interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, and recommend discipline when appropriate.
3. Side work – 5%
a. Inspects Café and the surrounding areas for neatness and cleanliness.
b. Inspects café prep area and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met.
c. Requisitions and inspects foodstuffs, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
1. Excellent leadership skills
2. Ability to perform all tasks within the café.
3. Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
4. Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
5. Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time.
6. Keeps emotions under control.
7. Excellent time management skills.
8. Strong verbal and written skills
9. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
10. Ability to properly operate the telephone and all software used for the POS system.
11. Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
12. Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
13. Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
14. Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
15. Basic math skills for cash handling; ability to provide change and count bank at end of shift
16. Adaptable to a changing work environment.
17. Local knowledge of the community ( attractions activities, etc.)
18. English language and professional communications skills are required.
Kessler Grant Performer Attributes
G.U.E.S.T. Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
1. High School diploma – required
2. Hospitality or customer service experience - required
3. Minimum of 1 year experience in Starbucks operations- preferred
4. Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Supervisory role - required
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Standing during majority of shift
2. Regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.
3. Lifting requirements of up to 20 pounds
4. Use of the telephone (hearing & speaking)
5. Computer/monitor work for making reservations
6. Working in kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required)
7. Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
8. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.