Star Service Agent
The Loews Philadelphia Hotel is seeking a Full Time Star Service Coordinator to join our team. Loews Philadelphia Hotel offers supremely comfortable 581 guest rooms, including 12 suites and 54 concierge club rooms, all of which are luxuriously appointed and are furnished to suit the needs of both families and business travelers. Loews Philadelphia Hotel features 47,000 square feet of versatile conference space. For more information about the Loews Philadelphia Hotel please visit http://www.loewshotels.com/Philadelphia-Hotel.
The Star Service Coordinator is a key member of the Front Office team and will work closely with all departments to deliver amazing services to our guests.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Answering incoming/in-house phone lines
- Directing calls and/or taking messages
- Coordinating communication among hotel personnel
- Assisting guests in completing outside calls
- Receiving and performing wake-up calls for guests
- Maintaining records and/or files of all communication and activities
- Follows New Hire Training and ongoing Star Service Competency programs in accordance with Loews policy
- Operates multi-line equipment
- Answers phones in a polite friendly, polite and professional manner using a cheerful and pleasant voice and follows all Loews Standards
- Have intense working knowledge of Hotel Property Management System, Hotel dispatch software, Microsoft Office and any other necessary technology tools
- Uses computer to verify identity/room number of guest being called
- Assist guest with Engineering, Valet, Front Desk, Security, Bell Desk and Housekeeping requests without transfer
- Records messages/guest requests on appropriate computer screen, forwards messages/requests to respective individuals or departments
- Provides accurate directions to hotel from major inbound locations
- Answers questions regarding hotel functions and facilities
- Maintain knowledge about all Hotel and areas, events and activities.
- Transmits messages via computer, two way radio and digital pager
- Handles guest complaints to completion, unless escalation is necessary
- Transmits messages via computer and facsimile machine
- Serves as communication hub during Emergency Procedures
- Monitors timelines of Star Service Delivery using appropriate computer system
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Other duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Excellent telephone, radio dispatch and guest service skills
- Ability to handle multiple lines while maintaining efficient operation
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Computer skill required included but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Office.
Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: One plus year(s) experience as a Telecommunications, customer service coordinator or Front Desk in a high volume hospitality environment
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V