Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. owns and operates the highest quality portfolio of site-set home communities in the country. Equity LifeStyle leases developed sites to the owners of site-set homes. Equity LifeStyle owns or has a controlling interest in over 370 quality communities in 32 states and British Columbia, offering more than 140,000 individual home sites in major metropolitan areas and key retirement destinations nationwide. ELS is a self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ELS. Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Our mission is to operate high quality site-set housing communities responsibly and ethically.
- To share an absolute passion for excellence and resident satisfaction at every level.
- To empower every employee to take initiative and be a creative agent of change.
- To set and meet aggressive goals that benefit our residents, employees and shareholders.
ELS is committed to fostering a culture that is challenging, engaging, and rich in benefits and offers opportunities for growth. At ELS, we draw upon the strength of our workforce, to meet and exceed the expectations of the diverse customers that we serve.
We're committed to supporting the growth and development of employees at all levels to help contribute to your success.
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant for our corporate office in Chicago. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the accounting functions including financial statement preparation and review of assigned income statement categories.
Job Duties included:
* Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
* Analyze variances, review ledger details, and record adjusted entries on assigned accounts.
* Examine and upload various subsystems into the general ledger.
* Gather records for internal audit.
* Collaborate with colleagues to prepare quarterly and annual schedules, which support financial statements used for public reporting.
* Understanding the accrual concept is a must
* Prepare and review sales tax.
* Assist with special projects, as necessary.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required along with 1-3 years of experience.
* CPA Certification or in the process of obtaining CPA Certification preferred.
* Must have strong communication skills in order to respond to questions from property managers.
* Successful candidates will be deadline oriented, organized, have strong time management skills and have strong attention to detail.
* Excellent computer literacy in MS Office suite of products.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: salary; bonus program; health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.