Sr. Director Managed Partnerships - Remote Opportunity
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Mar 25, 2018
Position DescriptionTo increase market share and maximize RevPAR growth through effectively and efficiently leveraging Carlson Hotel’s global sales organization and resources.
The Senior Director, Managed Partnerships is responsible for leading a team that will retain, grow and achieving revenue and market share goals in the Leisure and Online Travel Agencies. The Senior Director will develop and integrate the go-to-market Americas sales strategy across brands and functions ensuring sales investments and spend are leveraged to maximize opportunities while maintaining the legal obligations of all partners.
Collaboration is key with this role to maximize time and resources across Geographical theatres as well as other Americas Sales teams and operational departments. Balanced leadership and communication skills are important as this role will be leading experienced sellers in each segment that are responsible for a large share of revenue production that the Americas Sales Organization produces for its hotels.
Americas Sales Strategy
- Develop and implement an Americas sales strategy specific to the two major segments and customer groups (Leisure and Online Travel Agencies (OTAs.)
- Continuously monitor sales trends and incorporate learnings into sales strategies
- Develop and implement preferred account programs
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Sales & Distribution for the Americas, develop, implement and manage the Americas Sales structure with defined roles and responsibilities
Americas Sales Management
- Define and execute annual sales plan to drive revenue generation
- Acquire, develop and manage key and large accounts and relationships
- Drive Americas account revenue including new contracts and strategic partner alliances.
- Develop, implement and manage sales KPIs and goals. Lead efforts where corrective action is needed.
- Ensure on-going working relationships and processes between global and the Americas sales organization are operating effectively
- Development and deployment of sales programs, tools and processes
- Coordinate trade show representations.
- Design and execute sales training programs for internal sales teams
- In partnership with the other theaters, develop an aligned strategy for global all partners, including OTA and traditional Third-Party planning companies and Leisure segment customers
- Develop and optimize relationships with partners driving improved market share
- Negotiate and manage contracts with global partners
- Work with IT, Finance and Distribution teams on managing PFP funds
Communication and Relationships
- Develop strong personal relationships with targeted key accounts
- Ability to build credibility with key decision makers and influence decision making
- Monitors market changes, key challenges, gaps in performance and recommended strategies for addressing opportunities and issues facing the business. Recommends strategies and actions to address the issues and challenges.
- Collaborates across theaters to share best practices and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Develops, coaches, and provides feedback to a team of sales leaders
- Follows cyclical talent management processes including goal setting, quarterly check-in, annual performance reviews.
- Hotel and/or Leisure intermediary background- 10+ years minimum, with specific expertise around the connectivity and technology.
- Strong existing relationships with key decision makers within the OTA and Leisure community, with demonstrated strengths at relationship building.
- Good financial acumen in relation to ROI, budgeting, forecast analysis, partnership agreement modeling
- Ability to think globally, keen understanding of cultural/regional differences and how they affect the segment
- Strong negotiation, presentation and sales skills
- Understanding of brand marketing and key asset deliverables/deadlines
- Must have knowledge around Pay for Performance systems
- Working knowledge of Travelclick Enterprise Hotelligence 360 and Lanyon
- Understanding of commission processing- i.e. Onyx, WPS, Net Trans
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task and the willingness to embrace change in an ever-changing segment environment
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, self-managed, virtual office, work environment
- 50% Travel
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Corporate Office / Executive, Planning