At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Track all revenue goals on a monthly basis and ensure they are achieved or exceeded. Responsible for exercising discretion and independent judgment as it relates to general business operations and adhering to company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently to interact with clients.
- Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing.
- Basic mathematical skills to complete reports and points of scale.
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Experience in Food and Beverage required. Prefer previous Catering Manager experience in a resort / conference center.
Travel to meet with or call individual clients by telephone to solicit annual and week night business.
Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services. Answer customer inquiries.
Develop client menus, write contracts and letters, as well as organize all other arrangements as they relate to social, Golf and corporate events. Maximize revenue by selling catered events, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients. Negotiate contracts.
Supervise and attend the overall set up and implementation of events and meetings. Communicate with relevant departments to ensure proper servicing of accounts.Prepare and present weekly and monthly Catering/Sales reports
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel. Audit client checks to ensure accuracy. Supervise Clerical staff in distribution of written materials. Type contracts, menus, corrections, letters and reports and distribute in compliance with the standards and deadlines of the operation. Regular attendance of BEO, staff and other related meetings as directed by the Director of Catering.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Salary Range: Based on Experience