Sr Director, Enterprise Experience Design
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Marriott International HQ located at 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, MD, 20817 is currently hiring a Sr Director, Enterprise Experience Design.
Responsibilities include: The Senior Director Enterprise Experience Design serves as a key leader within the Experience Design + Innovation (EDI) team focused on applying and evolving innovation strategies which connect the physical with the digital, ultimately enabling connected and compelling consumer experiences at the property, portfolio and enterprise levels. This position will lead diverse projects with portfolio and enterprise impact, closely collaborating with the VP Brand Experience Design and VP Digital Platform Experience Design, as well as cross-disciplinary leaders and teams within and beyond BMSC. Ensuring brand, operational and digital experience integrity for both on and above property experiences, this role will also contribute to the design and adoption of new processes, tools and strategies which contribute to the broader mission of the EDI team as a cutting-edge COE for innovation, style and experience design excellence. A key focus area will be elevating enterprise efforts to foster a culture of innovation across teams, disciplines and continents, a shared charge across EDI leadership. As a project leader, the role requires the ability to understand the diverse needs of stakeholders across the business, apply a deep understanding of consumer, market and digital trends, coordinate team members while shepherding the innovation process from insights to concepts and prototypes, addressing operational and digital dimensions while pushing for disruptive, new thinking and solutions which stretch our brands, disciplines and company.
Education and Experience
- BA/BFA (MBA/MFA preferred)
- World Class experience in two or more of the following
- Branding, hotel OPS, digital design
- 8+ years experience working in creative / brand development role
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect.
- Excellent personnel management skills, with the ability to nurture the development of both creative and analytical people.
- Proven ability to build and foster relationships.
- Excellent team player, with the ability to collaborate effectively with partners, project managers, art directors.
- Experience interpreting trends and research to design and implement innovative products and services that support brand vision
- Solid ability to manage multiple stakeholders and influence the direction of product design & development.
- Ability to problem-solve and leverage resources to optimize department capabilities
- Possess knowledge of cutting edge design solutions with an ability to pull inspiration from a variety of input streams.
- Ability to present to internal and external audiences, as well as listen openly to feedback, with the end result of achieving the best work
- Assesses consumer insights, brand positioning and market challenges; sees the points of differentiation and weaves a clear, concise direction that becomes the basis for inspiring the creative product Strong analytical skills and experience
- Ability to work on cross-functional team
- Builds strong working relationships across departments or teams.
- Models and coaches others on creating an open, trusting, and supportive work environment.
- Coaches others on how their behavior impacts coworkers and the work environment.
- Coaches direct reports to work together to set expectations for achieving shared goals.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Creates and holds direct reports accountable for building an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Sets and models expectations for required behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Provides ongoing feedback and customized coaching to others.
- Develops others by identifying needs and setting appropriate department, team, and individual goals.
- Conducts talent reviews across the business and develops succession plans for key leadership positions.
- Networks with high potential leaders and coaches others on targeted recruitment efforts.
- Uses available recruiting and hiring tools, brings together hiring teams, and makes hiring decisions.
- Supports successful on‐boarding of new hires.
- Continuously improves department, program, team, and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Puts systems and processes in place to manage department and program performance.
- Brings together the appropriate talent levels and mix of skill sets to drive innovation and performance.
- Establishes and ensures understanding of the scope of decisionmaking authority for team members.
- Models and holds direct reports accountable for using meetings and other forums to regularly communicate.
- Communication and Professional Demeanor
- Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver information in an articulate, understandable, and engaging way.
- Influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Keeps leaders informed about key issues.
- Models and coaches others on displaying a leadership style that conveys confidence and gains respect from others.
- Leading Through Vision and Values
- Models, coaches, and holds others accountable for leading ethically and with a high degree of integrity.
- Promotes a convincing and inspiring vision for the direction of the Company, brand, and team.
- Models and holds departments and project teams accountable for developing and implementing programs that reflect the Company’s core values.
- Presents the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment and action.
- Encourages others to identify ways to implement desired changes.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Models flexibility and adjusts others’ and own priorities when managing multiple demands.
- Manages stakeholder expectations during change.
- Develops strategies and provides resources to implement change.
- Takes steps to minimize the stress others feel when change occurs.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Models and sets expectations for offering suggestions and solving complex problems.
- Uses data from different sources to evaluate alternatives, consider their potential impact, and make decisions.
- Involves key stakeholders to gain agreement and support before making high impact decisions.
- Makes key decisions and guides others to implement solutions in a reasonable amount of time.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Company, brand, discipline, and program strategies.
- Uses data to thoroughly evaluate opportunities and focuses on those with the greatest potential business impact.
- Adapts global Company and brand strategies into plans that can be implemented within the business to maximize customer/stakeholder satisfaction and profitability.
- Uses data to build program strategies and make the business case for stakeholder commitment.
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.