Motif SeattleMotif Seattle is located in the heart of downtown, surrounded by the finest restaurants, shopping, entertainment venues, museums and attractions. You just can't get any closer to the high-energy vibe of Seattle. Managed by Two Roads Hospitality, we promise to deliver a distinctly different, yet genuinely Seattle hotel experience, highlighted by vibrant service and inviting spaces that are individually crafted. Our staff is engaged and here to serve our Guests. The hotel's restaurant, Frolik Kitchen + Cocktails, has become a "local favorite". Located on the fifth floor of the hotel, Frolik boasts the city's largest outdoor deck, with games such as shuffleboard and Ping Pong. It is a truly stylish and energetic experience to socialize and enjoy delicious, fresh and local cuisine, and vibrantly crafted drinks. Working in the hottest downtown Seattle hotel is the right choice for you! We are a vibrant team that values work life balance, acts with the highest ethical standards and develops lasting relationships. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
- Proactively solicit and secure new business through networking, solicitation, site inspections and outbound sales calls.
- Ensure timely response and resolution to all sales inquiries and leads.
- Successfully generate proposals, negotiate, contract and secure payment for business.
- Responsible for managing the events in their totality: Generating contract, Event Orders and servicing.
- Participate in association events, trade shows, conventions and promotional events with the target market.
- Maintain relationships with assigned accounts through regular sales calls, client entertainment, site inspections and consistent follow up. (using the Delphi account management system to record/document all events.)
- Consistently achieve established revenue goals as outlined for both Catering sales and Frol!K Kitchen + Cocktails sales.
- Proactively pursue sales activities on weekly basis to align with achieving monthly budget, individual and team goals.
- Secure new accounts in the assigned market segment to contribute to enhancing, maximizing and maintaining a healthy portfolio of accounts.
- Maintain appropriate documentation on all accounts/bookings.
- Respond in a timely manner to client requests to ensure proposals and contracts meet the hotel requirements.
- Contract events per assigned SIC code into Catering spaces, Frol!K Kitchen + Cocktails spaces and The Porch.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly and annual reports (ie: action plans, goals and forecasts on groups)
- Maintain business relationships with existing accounts for repeat groups
- Attend departmental and hotel meetings as required (Sales meeting, EO etc.)
· Minimum of 2 years of catering and event sales.
· Knowledge in contract negotiations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience writing contracts, proposals and negotiation skills
· Superior relationship-building skills and able to effectively network. Represent the property in business settings.
· Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
· Knowledge in all aspects of hotel operations and industry standards.
· Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow employees and supervisors.
· Working knowledge of Delphi or other sales and catering programs and Microsoft office
· Ability to travel and have flexible work schedule including holidays, some ev