Spa Therapist, CHI The Spa at Shangri-La
Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver
Location: CA - BC - Vancouver
Thank you for your interest in CHI, The Spa and the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, the first Shangri-La to open in a sequence of new and exciting properties in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. In 2014, Shangri-La Vancouver was voted the #1 City Hotel by Travel and Leisure magazine. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA’s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of only three Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating.
We are currently searching for a SPA THERAPIST to join our award winning Chi, the Spa team. Our ideal candidate would have the ability to create a sanctuary for our guests and provide advice and assistance regarding Himalayan and Tibetan products and therapies.
They will bring experience gained from within Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, or from within another world class hotel or resort. They will create captivating moments and warmly and genuinely engage our guests and their fellow colleagues, keeping our workplace productive, professional and fun!
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you Shangri-La?
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Functional Expertise – Highly knowledgeable on luxury spa standards, service expectations, treatments, origin of treatments and typical guest expectations
- Service Excellence– Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere, non-intrusive yet outgoing nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble
- Graceful demeanor – Demonstrates a peaceful, graceful, respectful demeanor that translates to a feeling of special care and attention while in the presence of others
- Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication with 100% fluency in English
- Physical Requirements – Able to stand, reach, move for extended periods of time and have high hand, arm and upper body strength
- Relationship & Impression Management - Outstanding abilities to build and maintain relationships and demonstrated ability to make a naturally positive, lasting impression
- Decision making and problem solving – Responds promptly and reasonably when making decisions, ultimately ensuring successful problem resolution
- Emotional maturity - Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
- Ethical conduct and responsibility – Fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics, professionalism and complete confidentiality, with the utmost respect for privacy
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent with current Windows based programs and all systems used within department
- Minimum 3 year previous work experience in a similar capacity with a luxury spa, mandatory
- In-depth knowledge of international Spa treatments, procedures and operations
- Having an established, loyal clientele looking for a new higher level spa experience would be most helpful