Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThis position provides direction and leadership to Spa associates. S/he is responsible for monitoring spa facilities ensuring positive and friendly guest relations. S/he will observes all activity within assigned areas offering assistance and instruction to guests/visitors.Essential Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Ensure spa staff is knowledgeable on all pertinent spa information
- Assist spa desk staff as needed
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Maintain communications with spa staff and other departments
- Be familiar with and set up as needed hotel/spa packages, promotions, prices and rates
- Ensure staff’s certification cards are kept current
- High school graduate
- 1 year experience
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal
- Provide legible communication and directions
- Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers)