As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Constructed in 1911, Hotel Galvez & Spa was named after Bernardo de Galvez, the Spanish Colonial governor who first chartered the Texas Gulf Coast and for whom the city of Galveston was named. For more than 100 years, Hotel Galvez & Spa has been pleasing guests from around the world with elegant décor, luxurious service, scenic Gulf Coast event space, and a majestic location across from the water. Old world style and grace embody every detail, with upscale modern amenities to please today's most discerning travelers. In fact, our AAA 4-Diamond property is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast and renowned as one of the finest Galveston hotels on the beach.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Spa Receptionist to work at our beautiful Hotel Galvez & Spa property in Galveston, TX. This position is responsible for assisting the spa staff in providing a unique and outstanding spa experience for our members and guests. He/she is also responsible for scheduling all spa related appointments, checking guests in and out, and assisting in all retail sales.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
• Greet and welcome all guests and members.
• Check guests and members in and out: administer keys to locker areas.
• Process transactions for all events, guest fees, membership fees, dues, etc.
• Handle all administrative functions of the spa including: using Spa software, maintaining inventory of supplies, answering telephones, making appointments, and answering questions.
• Must be the initial and complete source of information regarding what is available at the Spa and all procedures to ensure guest comfort (i.e. treatments, equipment and products).
• Must be able to assist guests in the retail area.
• Arrange for all spa appointments for ala carte services/activities and packages.
• Must monitor appointments and ensure proper staffing to maintain sense of order and efficiency.
• Assist guests and members with spa prescriptions.
• Ensure facility is prepared for proper opening and closing each day.
• Monitor and maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the facilities including ensuring facility/amenities are in proper working order.
• Provide Spa tours as necessary.