Tofino is a small town brimming full of adventure. Popular activities around town include: fishing, kayaking, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing, golfing, art appreciation and so much more. Musicians and artisans thrive in Tofino with it's numerous galleries, festivals, and culturally-inspired events. Annually, you can partake in the Pacific Rim Whale Festival, The Tofino Food & Wine Festival, The Shorebird Festival, the Clayoquot Oyster Festival, and the list goes on. There's always something to do here, and always interesting new friends to try it with. Tofino is a town of earth-lovers. We bike and walk when we can, and pick up trash if we see it. We strive to include this earth-loving strategy in all departments of the Inn, and work towards not only promoting the unique climate around us, but to preserve and protect it as well.
There is a place where your co-workers are warm and friendly, the guests you greet are interesting and unique, and your work place is surrounded by pristine rainforest, idyllic beaches, and the rush of the Pacific Ocean. After a fulfilling day you hop on your bike, and head home along a well-used bike trail, where you pass families, couples, tourists and locals all out enjoying the adventure of the rugged west coast. When you get home you pull on your wetsuit, grab your board and hit the waves on one of Tofino's numerous surf hot spots. Not into surfing? You'll want to try it once you've seen these unique athletes attempt to tame the wild pacific. This is our daily life at the Wickaninnish Inn, in Tofino, British Columbia.
We strive to provide our employees with work / life balance, ensuring they have ample time to relax away from work and take advantage of the unique destination where we live. We encourage internal promotion, providing our employees with the opportunity to grow and develop, both as an individual, and in their career. Our employees are the type of people who go that extra mile for not only their guests, but their co-workers and neighbours as well. We employ team-oriented people, who don't hesitate to take on an extra task. Our employees make the Inn their own, and offer customer service at the highest level possible, as though you were welcoming a beloved relative into your own home. We offer introductory staff accommodation, competitive wages, and a comprehensive extended health care plan, including dental & eye care.
Spa Practitioners of the Ancient Cedars Spa are part of a dynamic team of heartfelt Practitioners, Estheticians, and Coordinators. We are an intimate spa set in a world class facility positioned at the edge of the ocean, and inspired by our west coast environment. Practitioners perform massage and body treatments in a supportive setting, using their own skills and healing touch along with some of the finest spa products.
- Provide a welcoming greeting and consultation unique to each guest
- Perform Massage and Spa treatments on guests ranging from Relaxation Massage to Body Treatments
- Project a friendly and professional demeanor to guests, upholding guest service standards of the Wickaninnish Inn
- Promote the Spa’s products and educating guests on homecare recommendations.
- Maintain spotless spa and treatment areas that are tidy and fully stocked.
- Uphold Health and Safety standards
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Exemplary customer service skills and demonstrate a willingness to exceed guest expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high standard environment, and creative problem solving skills are necessary
- Passionate about the health and wellness industry
- Available to work evenings, weekends and open to adjusting schedule for business needs
- Must have a minimum 1000 hours of combined training in Massage Therapy modalities
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.