MeltSpa by Hershey
Location: US - PA - Hershey
MeltSpa by Hershey is a day spa on Chocolate Avenue in downtown Hershey, which opened in September of 2017. Guests experience melt-worthy relaxation featuring exclusive Hershey’s Dark Chocolate treatments as well as signature treatments, salon services and spa packages.
The Spa Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations, revenue optimization, and management of the team at MeltSpa.
- Anticipate, identify and ensure customer needs are being met in the best possible way. Monitor customer satisfaction through surveys and comment cards.
- Guide staff to become caring problem solvers, cooperative, accommodating and fair. Develop literature, procedure manuals, documentation and ensure compliance. Ensure service standards are being upheld thru ongoing skills training.
- Ensure compliance with service and purchasing standards on Spa and salon products.
- Implement a clearly established opening and closing procedure.
- Develop gracious and efficient front desk procedures. Establish front desk procedures in the booking and handling of customers. Manage compensation guidelines for customer complaint handling.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers and providers.
- Consistently develop and grow retail sales through training, tools and monitoring. Oversee that the retail area is always staged for maximum buyer impact.
- Minimize/ eliminate losses by managing inventory purchasing standards, monitoring programs and implementing stock and cash procedures. Manage procedures for accurate inventory control and monitoring.
- Attend Management meetings and convey all relevant information throughout the facility. Hold regular staff meetings to keep staff up to date on all aspects of the Spa operations.
- Conduct ongoing service and product margin analysis ensuring profitability and managing operational costs.
- Administer staff and guest scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability. Use financial plans for spotting trends, measuring productivity and monitoring progress. Maintain acceptable payroll commitments. Effectively administer and monitor Staff Scheduling procedures.
- Interpret Financial Reports and provide expertise on (projected) Revenue vs. Expenses.
- Assist with the Marketing Strategy to ensure a consistent image is being portrayed. Assist management and marketing with ongoing in-house promotions.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree. 5 years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Must have professional image representative of the luxury day spa market.
- Must possess excellent communication and guest service skills.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Core Values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Schedule will vary according to operational needs and may include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer