Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for the overall daily operational function and management of the Spa. These responsibilities include but are not limited to direct personnel management, departmental budget/forecasting, property/asset management and ensures compliance of regulatory matters specific to the Spa. The Spa Director demonstrates motivational leadership throughout the Spa and Hotel to maximize guest and team satisfaction.Essential Functions
- Responsible for all phases of Spa services, cost control, and personnel
- Collaborates with related departments to communicate services, procedures and specials in a fiscally responsible and professional manner
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal safety regulations as it pertains to the equipment and materials used in the Spa
- Recruits, supervises and retains Spa associates. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action
- Develops technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, company safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions
- Maintains thorough and accurate records and completes all required departmental reporting
- Develops guest spa packages and special membership promotions and packages
- Assists in promoting and marketing the Spa to hotel guests
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Three (3) to Four (4) years previous spa management experience, preferably in a luxury resort
- Experience in supervising and administering sales and marketing and/or spa operations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Industry certifications a plus