The Miramonte Resort and Spa is a full-service Mediterranean-style 215 room resort situated on 11 acres of lush, flowering gardens in beautiful Indian Wells, California. Amenities include a full-service luxury spa and 18,000 square feet of meeting space, restaurant, bar, three pools and many other activities. At Miramonte Resort and Spa all our associates are STARS. Our culture provides an environment of service, teamwork, accountability, recognition and success. Our associates' contributions are recognized and rewarded, and our leadership team empowers our associates to take the lead on guest service. We hire friendly, service-oriented individuals who are committed to making Miramonte the premier destination in desert.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for the overall daily operational function and management of the Spa. These responsibilities include but are not limited to direct personnel management, departmental budget/forecasting, property/asset management and ensures compliance of regulatory matters specific to the Spa. The Spa Director demonstrates motivational leadership throughout the Spa and Hotel to maximize guest and team satisfaction.Essential Functions
- Responsible for all phases of Spa services, cost control, and personnel
- Collaborates with related departments to communicate services, procedures and specials in a fiscally responsible and professional manner
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal safety regulations as it pertains to the equipment and materials used in the Spa
- Recruits, supervises and retains Spa associates. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action
- Develops technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, company safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions
- Maintains thorough and accurate records and completes all required departmental reporting
- Develops guest spa packages and special membership promotions and packages
- Assists in promoting and marketing the Spa to hotel guests
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years prior spa management experience in luxury resort setting.
- Direct knowledge of massage, esthetics, skin care, fitness and body treatments is required.
- Retail business understanding, including time management, self-motivation, conflict resolution and problem-solving abilities is a must.
- Thorough spa product knowledge, with broad guests, vendor, and management expertise desired.
- Excellent professional communication skills, both oral and written, is needed.
- Demonstrated ability to support and develop a diverse workforce.
- Ability to attract and retain talent.
- Track record of developing strong teams with emphasis in training and development.
- Fosters a professional work environment and leads by example. Passionate about the spa experience.
- Accounting and budgeting experience is required.
- Innovative and effective marketing and negotiating skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills and be an advanced computer operator.
- A superior attention to detail.
- Requires high energy and focus, as well as a strong commitment to quality guest service.
- Flexibility in work schedule, as job will require days, evening shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be a team player, be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to communicate and manage effectively in a high-stress situation.
- Enjoy working with people at all levels and possess a friendly and guest centric personality.
- Industry certifications a plus.