At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- Oversee and monitor all facets of spa treatments operation
- Interview, hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff
- Participate in the continued review and development of Standard Operating Procedures for the spa treatments operation
- Assist in the development of Job Descriptions for all spa treatment positions
- Coordinate with clinical services, programs and promotions where appropriate
- Guide and supervise on-going program development and staff training in treatments department.
- As a working director, perform the function of treatment staff personnel in area of expertise Of spa reception desk on an as needed basis or as requested.
- Participate in the development of the spa operating budget
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of current thinking in treatments area, and see that treatment programs are continually updated and improved
- Conduct regular formal meetings for purposes of informing, training and inspiring staff
- Be knowledgeable and informed regarding general spa and resort programs and services, and train services and treatment staff to do the same
- Develop weekly schedules for all treatments staff and maintain appropriate staffing levels for seasonal variations.
- Attend regular meetings
- Coordinate with all other departmental areas or contracts as necessary to ensure smooth and successful functioning of the spa treatments area, e.g., front desk, fitness, housekeeping maintenance, accounting, personnel, purchasing, marketing, public relations, etc.
- Oversee treatments physical plant to ensure that treatment facilities and equipment are clean, in proper condition and in good working order
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the treatments facilities and staff
- Order equipment and supplies and maintain inventory control for all treatments areas
- Actively develop good guest relations and seek feedback for use in program improvements
- Represent the spa, if necessary, in interviews with the press, and participate in Public Relations events as needed
- Recommend special projects/promotions, and execute them.
- Assist in the development of collateral material for the treatments area
- Ensure staff develops and maintains effective guest relations
- Oversee the spa facilities
- Work diligently to support the Essex Resort hospitality and team philosophy throughout the property.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Comply with all departmental and company policies
- Maintain confidentiality of all Inn at Essex proprietary information
- Maintain accurate property information through daily use of email and other forms of communication
- Assist in the management of our fitness center and fitness programs
Formal Education and Job Related Experience:
This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of two year job-related experience managing a staff of at least 20 people. Proficient in all components of customer service and computer operations required.