When you're here, you're not far from where you need to be, but you're also right in the middle of paradise. With our incredible resort amenities on 175 acres of mountainous Pacific Northwest forest, overlooking the Columbia River Gorge, you might just forget you're only 45 minutes away from Portland.
We welcome and invite you to relax and enjoy the classic comfort of our Washington State Resort, Skamania Lodge, and the natural beauty of the Columbia River Gorge. Our promise to you is to deliver the very best experience and to help you create memories that will last a lifetime.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for the overall daily operational function and management of the Spa. These responsibilities include but are not limited to direct personnel management, departmental budget/forecasting, property/asset management and ensures compliance of regulatory matters specific to the Spa. The Spa Director demonstrates motivational leadership throughout the Spa and Hotel to maximize guest and team satisfaction.Essential Functions
- Responsible for all phases of Spa services, cost control, and personnel
- Collaborates with related departments to communicate services, procedures and specials in a fiscally responsible and professional manner
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal safety regulations as it pertains to the equipment and materials used in the Spa
- Recruits, supervises and retains Spa associates. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action
- Develops technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, company safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions
- Maintains thorough and accurate records and completes all required departmental reporting
- Develops guest spa packages and special membership promotions and packages
- Assists in promoting and marketing the Spa to hotel guests
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Three (3) to Four (4) years previous spa management experience, preferably in a luxury resort
- Experience in supervising and administering sales and marketing and/or spa operations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Industry certifications a plus