To assist Spa Supervisor in management and every day operation of the spa and spa staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum two years experience.
- Experience working at a Spa.
This individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job
- Organized, detailed, self starter.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle guest issues in an effective manner.
- Ability to work varying shifts such as morning, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Must be a team player.
- Must communicate with coworkers and guests in a positive manner.
- Must greet guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Assists Supervisor with ordering of retail and professional products/equipment.
- Assist Supervisor with inventory.
- Assist Supervisor with staff work schedules and appointment scheduling. Does not need approval from Spa Supervisor to send to send staff home before the end of their shift.
- Follows daily schedule protocol as set forth by the Spa Supervisor.
- Ensure adherence to department standards and financial processes.
- Provide suggestions and creative solutions to guest requests.
- Provide suggestions and creative marketing ideas to Spa Supervisor.
- Fill in as needed for Spa Front Desk.
- Reports and communicates to/with Spa Supervisor.
- Keeps in close communication with Spa Supervisor, on days which he/she is standing in for Spa Supervisor, via telephone.
- Works together with all staff in order to provide a stellar guest experience.
- Attends and takes minutes at monthly department meetings.
- Attends all mandatory meetings.
- Assists the Spa Supervisor with inspection of all spa treatment rooms, spa reception and tranquility room to ensure they exude the proper spa atmosphere, are clean, orderly and fully stocked.
- Delegate’s responsibilities, as necessary, to all staff including, Massage Therapists, Estheticians, Nail technicians, Cosmetologists, Full Specialists and Spa Front Desk after asking for permission from Spa Supervisor.
- Receives and presents employee time clock sheets and vacation/time off requests to Spa Supervisor.
- Responsible for understanding all spa protocols and job descriptions and capable of standing in for Spa Supervisor, for many functions which do not need Supervisor approval, when the need arises.
- Acts as liaison between staff and Spa Supervisor communicating needs/ desires of the staff to Supervisor and vice verse.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be require a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the General Manager based on the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the spa and fitness area as needed refer to all protocols.
- Maintain consistent stock of supplies and communicate to staff when items need restocking.
- Keep up to date knowledge of current trends and developments in the department.
- Attend meetings.
- Respond to any special projects by the General Manager