A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Responsible for all facets of guest movement throughout the Spa. Coordinates and schedules all types of use and services for the spa, salon, fitness center, recreation areas, and other related spa facilities. Greets guests, guides them around facilities, schedules appointments, processes payments and provides information about amenities. Assist with overall communication in the Spa, Salon, recreation and Fitness area.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Receives and responds to inquiries regarding spa services and amenities. Maintains current knowledge of all Spa and Salon services including treatments, spa amenities, staff abilities, fitness classes, hours of operations, spa retail, etc. Takes messages for guests and staff and delivers in a timely manner. Promotes additional treatments to ensure guest satisfaction and increase profitability. Conducts tours of the Spa facility if needed. Answers questions about amenities found throughout property.
- Schedules Spa, Salon and fitness appointments for guests and distributes workload to increase productivity and reduce downtime. Works closely with group coordinators to ensure appointments are correctly and efficiently booked. Confirms appointments.
- Welcomes and escort guests to appropriate waiting areas, and/or lounge to prepare for services. Assists guests with purchasing retail products. Promotes retail sales. Restocks all retail merchandise and guest supplies throughout the spa. Explains function of fitness equipment and spa facilities to guests.
- Assists Spa management with daily administrative activities such as making sure payroll cards are complete and responding to any issues/questions from Spa staff. Completes required Spa paperwork. Informs management about any issues regarding guest concerns or incidents. Notifies Spa management about facility, staff, guest, or supply needs and upcoming events. Attends required meetings.
- Monitors guest areas of Spa to ensure locker areas, fitness center, reception areas, treatment rooms, etc. are kept neat, orderly, clean, and well stocked. Acts as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, etc. (i.e. spa facilities/equipment in need of maintenance, VIP, special requests, etc.) Ensures retail displays are interesting and free of debris. Retrieves and restocks all operational items and guest amenities.
- Opens and closes facility in accordance with Spa policies and procedures. Reconciles and balances daily sales at close of shift and runs any required reports. Maintains Spa records by entering required room and guest account data into systems. Performs all guest accounting functions according to hotel procedure to ensure all guest and house accounts are completed and accurate. Collects related revenue by entering services and charges, computing bills and obtaining payments.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Assists with preparation for department meetings. Reviews VIP lists and follows up on any issues/complaints of prior day. Compiles statistics and prepares reports as requested.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any rooms or equipment and any accidents.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- No formal education required.
- 6 mos. prior sales, guest relations and/or spa experience desired.
- Basic knowledge of spas, luxury hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette desired.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification desired.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Requires good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Requires ability to explain spa and hotel amenities of interest to guests
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly sits for sustained periods of time and stands and walks frequently when performing functions of the job. Works at a quick pace. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing the essential functions of the job. The team member occasionally stoops and crouches. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with guests and staff. Balance is often required to prevent falling when walking, standing while moving or carrying supplies or equipment. The team member occasionally pushes and pulls carts and equipment. Lifting is occa sionally required when performing housekeeping duties. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as carts, furniture and linens. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to perform the job such as working on computer and detecting if cleanliness meets standards. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.