Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
The Sous Chef is responsible for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production outlets.Responsibilities
- Advise Executive Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- Manages employees encompassing culinary, servers and stewarding.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of restaurant unit.
- Carries out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- AAS in Culinary Arts or equivalent from an accredited University or Institute.
- Previous culinary experience is highly preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational, management, culinary, communication, and motivational skills.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of the Food & Beverage/Hospitality industry control procedures.
- Must possess strong background in analytical cost efficiency kitchen management, regional cuisine with all aspects of proper production & presentation methods.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Servesafe Sanitation; ACF Certified preferred.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.