Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Culinary Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision of kitchen staff, sanitation, safety and guest service. Supervises food production and assists in administration of kitchen services in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise the kitchen staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- Perform and supervise the staff’s compliance with consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment. Supervise adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported to Engineering through proper channels.
- Order supplies and maintain accurate inventory as assigned.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Train kitchen employees to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- Promote and maintain effective communication between all food production areas within the kitchen.
- Check all work stations to ensure proper set-up and sanitation.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus schooling in culinary arts or related major. Two or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures. Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance. Knowledge of kitchen practices and proper food storage, handling and production. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Display consistent professional leadership with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.