Known for distinctive, refined service in worldwide cultures, Rosewood is committed to developing its associates through personalized training and building enduring relationships with both its guests and its associates.
Responsible for all aspects of managing the kitchen and
kitchen personnel, ensuring the quality preparation of
all menu items and proper handling/ storage of all food
items in accordance with standards. Coordinates the
purchase of all food and develops menus, maintaining
approved food costs and labor costs.
Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all
departmental policies, service procedures and
Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior
level on a daily basis.
Review the daily activities; check the following:
Forecasted covers for each outlet
* Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure staff's
compliance with all departmental/hotel policies and
* Establish the day's priorities and assign production
and prep task to staff to execute.
* Review daily specials and offer feedback to
Executive Sous Chef and Restaurant Manager.
* Review restaurant function sheets and make note of
any changes; post function sheets for the next 7
* Meet with Executive Sous Chef to review schedules,
assignments, anticipated business levels, changes
and other information pertinent to the job
* Communicate additions or changes to the assignments
as they arise throughout the shift.Identify
situations, which compromise the department's
standards and delegate these tasks.
* Take physical inventory of specified food items for
* Place the Daily Produces, Meat & Seafood orders.
* Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they
are received and stored correctly; communicate needs
with Purchasing and Storeroom personnel; ensure
quality of products received.
* Meet with the Chief Steward to review equipment
needs, banquet plate up assistance, cleaning
schedule/project status, health/safety and
sanitation follow up.
* Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled;
document any late or absent employees.
* Coordinate breaks for staff.
* Inspect grooming and uniform of staff; rectify any
* Check and ensure that all opening duties are
completed to standard.
* Ensure that each kitchen work area is stocked with
specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the
* Ensure that recipe cards, production schedule,
plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
* Check P.O.S. printers on the line; ensure they are
in working order and there is enough paper available
for the shift.
* Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following
recipes and yield guides, according to department
* Monitor performance of staff and ensure all
procedures are completed to the department
standards; rectify deficiencies with respective
* Work on line during service and assist wherever
* Be aware of any shortages and make arrangements
before the item runs out.
* Ensure that F&B Service Staff are informed of 86'd
items and amount of available menu specials
throughout the meal period.
* Observe guest reactions and confer with service
staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Promote positive guest relations at all times.
* Be familiar with all hotel services/features and
local attractions/activities to respond accurately
to any guest inquiry.
* Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the
six step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
* Conduct frequent walk through of each kitchen area
and direct respective personnel to correct any
* Ensure that quality and details are being
* Inspect the cleanliness of the line, floor, and all
kitchen stations; direct staff to rectify any
* Ensure that staff maintain and strictly abide by
state sanitation/health regulations and hotel
* Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by
Health Department and hotel requirements.
* Instruct staff in the correct usage and care of all
machinery in the kitchen operation, stressing
* Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and
submit to Engineering; contact Engineering directly
for urgent repairs.
* Develop new menu items, test and write recipes.
* Assist Catering department with developing special
menus for functions; meet with clients as requested.
* Supervise and direct the organization and
preparation of food for the employee cafeteria.
* Review sales and food cost daily; resolve any
discrepancies with the Controller.
* Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain
forecasted food and labor costs.Ensure that excess
items are utilized efficiently.
* Monitor and ensure that all closing duties are
completed to standard before staff sign out.
* Foster and promote a cooperative working climate,
maximizing productivity and employee morale.
* Oversee and direct training of new hires in
specified phases of the kitchen operation; maintain
an on-going training program for existing staff.
* Reevaluate positions in the kitchen and make changes
* Provide feedback to staff on their performance;
handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees
according to hotel standards.
* Conduct scheduled performance appraisals.
* Document pertinent information in the log book and
follow up on items notated during other shifts.
* Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner
when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
* All other duties as required.
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience in a similar
capacity for a 4 or 5 star hotel or restaurant.
Education: High school diploma and culinary training
General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions
with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker,
remaining calm and resolving problems using good
judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a
guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers
as part of a team; work with minimal supervision;
maintain confidentiality of guest information and
pertinent hotel data.
Technical Skills: Ability to enforce hotel's standards,
policies and procedures with all kitchen personnel;
ability to prioritize, organize and delegate work
assignments; ability to direct performance of kitchen
staff and follow up with corrections where needed;
ability to motivate kitchen staff and maintain a
cohesive team; ability to promote positive work
relationships with service personnel and other
bility to ascertain staff training needs and provide
such training; ability to work well under pressure of
organizing and attaining production schedules and
timelines; ability to maintain good coordination;
ability to transport cases of received goods to the
workstations; ability to transport pots and pans of food
from storage/prep areas to the serving line; ability to
work an 8-12 hour shift, 5-7 days per week noisy and
sometimes close conditions; ability to work with all
products and food ingredients involved; ability to use
all senses to ensure quality standards is met; ability
to differentiate dates; ability to operate, clean and
maintain all equipment required in job functions;
ability to plan and develop menus and recipes; ability
to expand and condense recipes; ability to perform job
functions without direct supervision; ability to ensure
security of kitchen access, products and hotel;
Language: Required to speak, read and write English,
with fluency in other languages preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical
effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up
and down, remain stationary at times throughout work
periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and
co-workers to their understanding.