IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible to assist the Executive Chef in kitchen operations. S/he will train and motivate staff to exceed goals, while balancing profitability metrics. With focus on quality and production levels, the Sous Chef will lead the culinary team on their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.Essential Functions
- Supervises the performance, attendance, attitudes, appearance and conduct of the culinary team
- Must be able to professionally communicate with all team members
- Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
- Enforce workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- Two year culinary arts degree or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and ability.
- Positive Attitude
- Experience training, leading and motivating team members
- Minimum of three years related experience
- Hotel experience preferred.
- One year of Supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
- Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work relationships
- Proper licenses and certificates. E.g. Food Handler's Card, etc.