Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We are seeking a positive, hard-working, energetic and self-motivated Sous Chef to join our team. The Sous Chef will report to the Executive Chef and will work closely with the hotel’s food & beverage team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Represent the hotel in a positive manner at all times.
* Achieve culinary operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identify and resolving problems; determine system improvements; implement change.
* Assist in off premise and media relation events
* Ensure the high quality of our food product
* Assist Executive Chef with the development of recipes and portion specifications by understanding consumer tastes and nutritional needs; anticipate emerging food and dining trends; review product specifications; evaluate ease of menu preparation; apply established procedures and standards for menu content and execution while applying budgetary constraints
* Oversee food preparation by consulting with sous chefs, pastry chefs, cooks, and team leaders; oversee portion size; control productivity; provide culinary leadership in areas of personal expertise; monitor presentations, garnishments, and sauces
* Make continuous improvements and contributions to menu quality and consistency by analyzing food production records and menu expenses; standardizing production recipes; promoting kitchen staff interest in quality
* Assist in coordination and communication between kitchen and other hotel departments
* Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation and federal, state, and local legal regulations; overseeing food preparation, safety, and security; reviewing and implementing accident and disaster plans.
* Ensure culinary execution consistent with branding elements of each food service outlet; ensure quality food and presentation standards are met
* Maintain food ingredients, food preparation, and general supplies by selecting and purchasing menu ingredients; evaluating the quality of fresh food and food product deliveries; maintaining general supplies; establishing inventory levels, re-order points, storage requirements, and cost-controls
* Maintained culinary equipment by following operating instructions; instructing staff in equipment use; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment; preparing administrative proposals to justify purchases
* Meet culinary financial objectives by estimating requirements; assist in menu design; evaluation and response to menu presentation; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; evaluating time-saving production techniques; training others in specialty techniques
* Delivers culinary standards to build top line sales; contribute to sales growth through product selection, execution, pricing and creative development; achieve food and labor prime costs; achieve all assigned cost goals
* Assist in recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining food production employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
* Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team, and be a leader on the line
* Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
* Previous Sous Chef or Executive Sous Chef in multi-kitchen management position
* Must be flexible with schedule, able to work different shifts
* Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
* Ability to stand for hours at a time.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Stamina to work 50 hours or more per week
* Hazards include, but are not limited to, slips, trips, falls, cuts, burns, and strains
* Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER