Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
Location: US - IL - Glenview
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with chef’s staff in order to prepare, cook and present food according to hotel standard recipes in order to create quality food products. Will additionally supervise, train staff and work in all stations.
- Insures complete guest satisfaction.
- Assigns, in detail specific duties to all employees under supervision for efficient operation of kitchen.
- Select, train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items.
- Schedules culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
- Insures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Adheres to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Supervises daily cleaning of walk-in and reach-in boxes for safety reasons.
- Maintains vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Reports any equipment in need of repair to chef and engineering for service repair.
- Prepares all pantry food items according to standard pantry recipes or, as otherwise specified by supervisor, to insure consistency of product to the guest; requires transportation of heavy food products.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, especially on all fresh produce, checking on portion control, to maintain quality product.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Insures that all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items. Reads and employs math skills for following recipes. Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in work station.
- Must have knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment such as stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. knives, spoons, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart or truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Must have an exceptional understanding of kitchen safety.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Remains current on business trends and local activities.
- Responsible for following directions and performing work as assigned by a supervisor or manager.
- Culinary or Apprenticeship program
- Must have exceptionally high sanitation standards
- Must Food Handlers Certification/Health Card where States or Cities require this document.
- Must have a Culinary Degree from a two or four year academic institution.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.