For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible to assist the Executive Chef in kitchen operations. S/he will train and motivate staff to exceed goals, while balancing profitability metrics. With focus on quality and production levels, the Sous Chef will lead the culinary team on their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.Essential Functions
- Supervises the performance, attendance, attitudes, appearance and conduct of the culinary team
- Must be able to professionally communicate with all team members
- Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
- Enforce workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Two year culinary arts degree preferred
- Minimum of three years related experience
- One year of Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
- Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work relationships