The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global
hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in
70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And
we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and
diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service
culture and have a passion for excellence. To
learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Sous Chef to work at to work at our new property, The Summit. This position is responsible for supporting the
operation of the kitchen in absence of and in assistance with the Executive
Chef or Executive Sous Chef and overseeing the preparation of food and
inventory levels of the kitchen.
will include but not be limited to:
- Assist Executive Chef with planning and preparation of
hotel outlet menus.
- Assist in conducting periodic food inventories.
- Assist the Executive Chef with departmental human
- Initiate and oversee ordering of food and kitchen
- Supervise and coordinate the production of food
according to menu specifications.
- Assist the Chefs and Cooks in preparation of specific
- Inspect quality of food products used to prepare
cuisine; inform Executive Chef when quality is not acceptable.
- Ensure all cuisine served to guests follows establish
guidelines for quantity, quality, appearance, and platability.
- Check physical cleanliness of operations; ensure that
all staff practice “clean as you go” techniques.
- Maintain proper working order of all equipment; inspects
ovens, burners, water faucets, and refrigerators; report deficiencies to
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and
company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- 2 year of previous culinary experience.
- Experience in a high volume production
- High school education, GED, or
- Culinary degree a plus
- Ability to operate, clean, maintain most
commercial kitchen equipment required.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques; knife
skills; attention to detail.
- Moderate comprehension and literacy
required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Must be able to work any shift,
weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the
- Should possess computer skills,
including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use
hands to handle objects, tools
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the
majority of shift in a standing
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer