Loews Annapolis Hotel is an upscale full service 215 room Hotel located in downtown Annapolis just blocks from the Historic district and the downtown waterfront.
We are the proud home of BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom, our casual neighborhood restaurant and bar. Additionally we feature over 20,000 square feet of function space in the main building and in the Historic Powerhouse building.
For more information on Loews Annapolis Hotel please visit our website at www.loewshotels.com/annapolis
We are currently seeking a Sous Chef to round out oyr Culinary team
The Sous Chef coordinates/supervises/assists the activities of all food production employees in the preparation of menu items, and ensures that all food products are of the highest quality and are ready to serve in a timely manner. The position will be responsible for food ordering, production, holding and storage for the culinary departments. Additional responsibilities include selection, training, scheduling of kitchen employees.
The Sous Chef will be able to work between both kitchens: restaurant and banquets, as needed, with a primary focus in supporting the restaurant.
Job specific duties of the Sous Chef include but are not limited to:
- Administers and ensures adherence to departmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Responsible for smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of food production activities, to include labor management, inventory control, use of product and adherence to all sanitation requirements
- Supervises/performs kitchen opening and closing operations
- Supervises/assists food handlers in the preparation and production of all hot and cold food items
- Orders raw food ingredients necessary to prepare all items on the menu for area of responsibility
- Ensures that all raw food ingredients are received and stored in the proper manner
- Supervises all aspects of food preparation and production, ensures that standardized recipes, plating and presentation guides, portion control and garnish requirements are adhered to at all times
- Organizes/assists food handlers in the performance of their duties as needed to ensure Loews standards for timely preparation/service of food cooked to order are met
- Monitors all food preparation, production, holding and storage operations to ensure adherence to all Governmental Food Service Sanitation standards
- Performs frequent inspections of all preparation and cooking equipment to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary and in perfect operating order
- Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines departmental employees according to Loews Hotels standards
- Follows New Hire Training and ongoing Star Service Competency program in accordance with hotel policy
- Attends required hotel meetings to keep abreast of in-house activities, special promotions and upcoming events, maintain communications with other departments within the hotel\
- Communicates daily with department employees to obtain/provide current information regarding daily activities/functions and upcoming events
- Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve same
- Other duties as assigned
The position of Sous Chef is a full time position and is eligible for excellent benefits to include low cost health, dental and vision after 90 days, free life insurance, free on site parking, free shift meals, low cost short and long term disability, paid vacation, paid sick and personal time, paid holidays, 401k with Company match, team member travel benefits with Loews Hotels and other locally based benefits designed to meet the needs of our team.
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The Sous Chef will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- ACF certification as "Sous Chef" or culinary degree from recognized culinary institute and equivalent experience
- Three to five years experience in quantity food production, in an upscale hotel or freestanding restaurant
- Two plus years Supervisory experience in quantity food production, in an upscale hotel or freestanding restaurant
- Excellent culinary skills and knowledge of food productions techniques
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of kitchen equipment use and operation
- Ability to bend, stoop, stand, lift 35 pounds and push carts weighing up to 200 pounds
- Outstanding leadership, management, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Qualified candidates should submit their resume via www.loewshotels.com/careers-en
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V