Location: US - TN - Knoxville
Train, supervise and work with all kitchen staff in order to prepare, cook and present food according to hotel standard recipes to create quality food products.
1. Assign, in detail, specific duties to all associates under supervision for efficient operation of kitchen.
2. Assist the Executive Chef with personnel functions as directed, e.g. interviewing, training, performance evaluations, resolving problems, providing open communication and recommending discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items.
4. Schedule culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
5. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
6. Ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature-setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
7. Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation. Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline employees, as necessary. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PMHS staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PMHS associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PMHS. Every PMHS associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.