At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three to five years culinary experience in a hotel, conference center or high volume restaurant preferred.
- Previous experience supervising a staff of fifteen or more employees preferred.
- Three years culinary training. Knowledge of culinary departments preferred.
- Proven record of developing teams.
- Creative, innovative and assertive personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Operate the kitchen in a profitable manner as outlined in the annual budget.
- Monitor production and quality levels of all food products.
- Train, develop and maintain employee skills and relations.
- Monitor steward responsibility.
- Oversee incoming food product to insure proper quality.
- Inspect all refrigeration and dry storage for proper handling and rotation.
- Observe cafeteria to insure proper quality at all times.
Develop and maintain ongoing education programs for sanitation and safety.