Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Hilton Santa Clara is seeking a Sous Chef to join our great team and enjoy all the benefits of our exciting hotel environment! Come be part of one of the finest Santa Clara Four Diamond Hotels featuring 280 rooms in the heart of Silicon Valley next to the San Francisco 49'ers Levis Stadium, Great America Amusement Park and Santa Clara Convention Center.
The Sous Chef is responsible for the entire operation of the kitchen during specific shifts. As well for the overall operation of food production for La Fontana Restaurant, Banquet Events, Room Service, Bar, and Concierge Lounge to include, but not limited to, maintaining food quality and presentation standards, training of cooks, control of food safety and employee duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Know all menu items and enforce the proper preparation and presentation on all items daily.
- Know all procedures and menus for all meal periods, breakfast, Sunday Brunch, lunch and dinner. Also breakfast buffet & Sunday Brunch procedures and occasionally work with the buffet cook to train him/her and ensure quality.
- Place the proper orders for supplies as directed by Dir. Ops Maintain the proper pars of all items.
- Must take the Servsafe course and pass the test to be certified.
- Assist other Sous Chef in the control of food and labor costs. Control the amount of prep done
- Hold a pre-shift meeting with staff prior to reporting to stations.
- Plan, assign and direct work of associates.
- Monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and provide feedback. Write performance reviews for staff members supervised with input from the Dir. of Operations. Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling. Address associate complaints and resolve problems.
- Properly handle all administrative work with regard to interviewing, hiring, performance appraisals and terminations of staff.
- Assist in preparing and posting weekly schedules in accordance to guest needs and staff availability.
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Route associate commendations received from guests to the person responsible for assembling the daily packet newsletter.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Provide coaching and training to culinary staff
- Assist with payroll and annual performance evaluations.
- Assist with onbarding of new culinary team members
- Assist on the completion of all Hilton Brand training requirements