At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and execution of Junction, Tavern, and In Room Dining.
- Operate the kitchen in a profitable manner as outlined in the annual budget.
- Monitor production and quality levels of all food products.
- Train, develop and maintain employee skills and relations.
- Oversee incoming food product to insure proper quality.
- Inspect all refrigeration and dry storage for proper handling and rotation.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus
- Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Forecasting and scheduling of staff according to occupancy levels.
- Attending department head, conference review, food and beverage and pre-con meetings as required.
- Responsible for timely performance evaluations of staff.
- Maintaining profitability through forecasting and staffing.
- Handling of guest complaints in a professional and efficient manner.
- Providing a pleasant and efficient atmosphere for staff and guests.
- Manage all property programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
- Assist in recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through corporate guidelines, hold monthly meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Three to five years culinary experience.
- Previous experience supervising a staff.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Knowledge of culinary departments.
- Good working knowledge of basic accounting.
- Creative, innovative and assertive personality.
- Excellent communication skills.