TITLE: Sous Chef
The Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring that all meals coming from the kitchen are well prepared with regard to quality, consistency, eye appeal, taste and food cost. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff; meet corporate quality standards; and assist in establishing and enforcing food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Sous Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
· Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
· Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
· Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas.
· Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
· Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
· Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
· Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas; hot food from the main kitchen and bakery, and cold food from the
· Make cooks aware of daily forecasts and customer counts so that they can be adequately prepared to serve both hot and cold food on time.
· Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
· Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
· Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
· Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
· Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
· Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
· Know how to compute daily food cost.
· Work with the Director of F&B to create and implement menus.
· Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
· Check all stations at the end of every shift for proper food storage and sanitation.
· Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
· Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report.
· Prepare daily food production sheets.
· Cut meat, poultry, seafood according to daily business.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be ab