Vail's newest luxury hotel, Hotel Talisa, debuting after a multimillion-dollar renovation, offers 285 new accommodations with sophisticated décor and luxurious bathrooms and existing vacation residences. Savor global cuisine within the new restaurant, fireside lounge and upscale market, an inventive après scene with majestic fireside mountain views, blissful spa treatments, relaxing water therapy with a steam and sauna and top-ranked fitness offerings at the over 58,000 ft. Club & Spa, and a premiere ski-in/ski-out offering with an on-property ski lift and ski concierge and bespoke year-round alpine experiences. All just five minutes from Vail Village!
Job OverviewThe Sommelier/Mixologist position is responsible for the development and management of the wine and cocktail list. With an engaging personality will promote and grow the wine and cocktail program while communicating with staff and guests that might share different levels of wine/spirit knowledge.
- Increasing cocktail/wine sales in every outlet through proper training and proper programming.
- Assist in developing the cocktail program for Hotel Talisa’s F&B outlets.
- Maintain outlet pars; work with department head for all outlets to insure compliance of programming and protocols.
- Responsible for working with department head for ordering, receiving, inventory, organizing and selling wine for all departments.
- Working on specialty REO’s and BEO’s for craft cocktails
- Conduct specialty classes and tastings for VIP guests visiting Hotel Talisa
- Assist in the planning and execution of wine/spirit dinners for Hotel Talisa outlets.
- Educate staff on wine and beverages during pre-meal meetings.
- Maintain the organization of the wine room with the purchasing director and restaurant managers, including stocking and binning.
- Ability to fill in for a bartender if needed
- Answer questions on menu selections and drinks to servers and guests
- Ability to suggest drink pairings with menu knowledge
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recooking orders, and product availability
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support your team to reach common goals
- Other duties as required.
- A college degree or equivalent experience.
- Level 2 Court of Master strongly preferred.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a fine dining restaurant, hotel, or country club
- Strong knowledge of wine and spirits, and the ability to train staff in all areas.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational individual
- Must be able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English
- Ability to interact with all associates and guests of the resort
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time