Solutions Architect - Hospitality Systems
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Dec 27, 2017
Position DescriptionSolutions Architect – Hospitality Systems develops technical solutions and technology roadmaps primarily for foundational hospitality systems: reservations, property management, payment/point of sale, sales and catering, as well as the surrounding ecosystem, such as video, chat, document management, door lock technologies, and other. (S)he ensures that the solutions adhere to CRHG architecture principles, standards, business and technology roadmaps, as well as the industry and technology best practices.
The required solutions may include integration, business process, application, data, and infrastructure components, so, they require breadth of experience in all of these areas, and depth in at least two.
As an expert in hospitality systems, this Solutions Architect provides solution guidance to implementation teams and works closely with Product/Project Managers, Web and Application Architects, and Business and IT Stakeholders. At the same time, (s)he provides feedback and gets direction from Chief Architect and technical guidance from domain architects.
As part of the solution and/or roadmap development process, a Solutions Architect may be required to conduct technology evaluations, proofs of concept and technology, and develop prototypes.
- Create technical solutions for the assigned products and/or business areas.
- Provide oversight over architecture and design across all hospitality systems initiatives. Collaborate with the delivery teams to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Provide strong hands-on technical leadership and mentoring to technical leads and product delivery teams.
- Provide technical thought leadership and shape both technical direction and process improvement across the assigned products and portfolios.
- Lead creation of application and technology roadmaps for the assigned products and portfolios and put in place processes to ensure that they are kept current.
- Evaluate new technologies, prototype potential solutions, estimate level of effort.
- Drive innovation, develop prototypes, communicate and showcase innovative solutions and their business value to stakeholders.
- 10+ years of hands-on solution architecture, design and development experience in large and complex enterprise environments.
- Expert knowledge and experience applying the best practices of service oriented design, API management, microservices, message- and event-driven architectures.
- Expert hands-on knowledge of application development methodologies and best practices, frameworks, tools, languages, etc.
- Hospitality or related travel and entertainment industry experience is required.
- Solid understanding and experience designing and/or implementing hotel management systems and their integration is highly desired. Examples of such systems may include property management system, payment/point of sale, sales and catering, document management, web portal, video, chat, door lock technologies, and other.
- Experience working in agile/scrum environments using automation, continuous or frequent integration, continuous or frequent delivery, etc.
- Solid understanding of security, network, servers, storage, and data architectures.
Up to 10% travel possibleWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other protected class.
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Technical / IT / Systems