Social Hour Attendant
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
The job description for Social Hour Attendant is to prep, serve and cleanup for the hours of the "Mix". You must be able to stand for long period of times and lift up to 25 pounds. The Social Attendant is responsible for cook and get food ready, serve food and rinks during hours of operation and cleanup after the "Mix" is closed.
The purpose of a SOCIAL HOUR ATTENDANT is to deliver complimentary beverages and food to hotel guests with exemplary customer service skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Engage with customers while delivering complimentary beverages and food.
* Tap kegs as required.
* Prepare and serve food, following food safety requirements.
* Pour alcoholic beverages for guests, following alcohol serving and safety requirements
* Ensure that guests meet federal and state requirements by verifying legal limit for consuming alcoholic beverages.
* Order social hour beverages and snacks as necessary.
* Follow hotel instructions for providing guests with complimentary beverages.
* Ensure that all state and company requirements for serving alcohol are met.
* Must be legal age for service alcohol.
* Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
* Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Must speak English fluently.
* Must be at least the legal age to serve alcohol.
* Must be TIPS and Serve Safe Certified within 30 days of hire, if not already certified.
The work environment normally entails the following:
* Indoor work environment
* Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
* Stand more than 2/3 of the time
* Walk more than 2/3 of the time
* Sit less than 1/3 of the time
* Lift up to 50 lbs.
* Push / pull up to 50 pounds.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.