Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible to perform the maintenance and upkeep of all grounds including plants, trees, lawn areas, drives, walkways, ponds, fountains and irrigation systems.Essential Functions
- Maintain and clean all outdoor hotel property (i.e. sidewalk, drives, parking garage.)
- Use moderate to heavy equipment to complete duties as assigned, i.e. leaf blower, power washer, etc.
- Wash, clean, and re-fuel all equipment after use
- Maintain lawns by mowing, edging, raking leaves, and performing other lawn maintenance functions
- Maintain flower beds, baskets, and boxes by watering, removing weeds, trimming, and performing other maintenance
- Maintain the appearance of fountains, planters, or other grounds features by cleaning, replacing or making repairs
- Maintain the appearance and safety of sidewalks, driveways, cart paths, or parking lots
- Operate tractors, trucks, or utility vehicles to transport equipment and supplies
- Previous grounds keeping experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work outdoors in winter and operate snow removal equipment
- Position to start on or around December 1st or when the first snowfall occurs