SMERF Sales Manger
Location: US - DE - Newark
Newark, DE, US
Major Functions include: Solicits/Prospects all types of individual and group rooms business for hotel. Market responsibilities are Social, Military/Reunions, Education, Religious, Fraternity, and Tour & Travel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Solicits/Prospects all business potential from companies, individuals and organizations for group room nights & catering.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Books quality business which meets the needs of the client as well as the hotels’ budgeted criteria.
- Maintains accounts and keeps clients happy to ensure repeat business & loyalty.
- Use Social Networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Attends and represents at trades shows and city-wide conventions.
- Participates in Sales and Yield meetings and after hour functions such as special events outside of the Hotel (ex. Chamber Networking mixers).
- Assists as needed with special projects as directed by the Director of Sales or General Manager.
Sales Solicitation: A total of (50) sales calls per week should be made. (10) outside sales calls, (5) site inspections, (35) prospecting calls, and (5) entertainment calls such as lunch or dinner with clients in the Brasserie Grille.
Miscellaneous: We are looking for an individual who is extremely motivated with high energy who is looking to continue their career in sales. We are seeking an individual who will be aggressive, take ownership and work hard. Candidates should be hospitality focused and be able to manage several tasks at once. This individual should have the desire to make outside sales calls with the ability to “close the sale”. This Sales Manager should also have the ability to manage change effectively with clear written and verbal communication. The success of this position will be achieved by taking ownership of the sales process. This individual will be expected to maintain and improve relationships with current accounts, identify new business, and become an active participant in the local community.
- 3 years of selling group/catering business in a Hotel with a proven track record of success preferred
- Must be detail oriented & self-motivated with a strong emphasis on achieving goals.
- Must be able to negotiate group room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines.
- Must be flexible – job requires weekend hours.
"The statements in this position description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job."