Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
SMERF Sales Manager
yes, full benefits
- Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
- A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
- Guests and team members receive all that they expect... plus a little bit more.
This position is responsible for selling the total hotel with emphasis on all public areas in support of the hotels rooms and catering merchandising efforts. Focus on championing customer and owner objectives in support of Our Quality Pledge and Standards of Service. The hotel's and the company's Mission Statement is of paramount importance. This position requires active participation in the direct sales effort. This is a position requiring direct customer focus and ability to sell our products and services to Social Rooms market segments. This position is also responsible for generating new business and maintaining existing client/corporate accounts.
Sales/Revenue Maximization: Responsible for achieving sales room night and revenue goals by business development, account management and hotel site sales calls. Achieves business revenue goals by developing, building and maintaining excellent client relationships through community involvement, local visitors' bureau, market-specific organizations, and cultivating client database.
Cost Control: Responsible for management of sales expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Assists with the preparation and management of the department budget. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
Guest Service: Accountable for client satisfaction by ensuring service standards are met and clients' needs are responded to in a timely manner. Ensures effective communication of client to appropriate operational departments. Resolves clients' complaints and concerns in courteous and friendly manner, focuses on service recovery when applicable.
Technical Acumen: Responsible for utilizing sales and catering tools/systems to accurately identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data. Ensures integrity of sales data by documenting information in Delphi on a daily basis. Utilizes sales tools, and other market intelligence
- Safety/Risk Management: Support operations to maintain standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/employee incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all applicable daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication and proactive planning. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
Education: High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience preferred. Professional membership and community involvement desired. Basic Microsoft office and Delphi experience also desired.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prior sales experience desired, preferably in the hospitality industry. Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with employees and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements:Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled