We believe that the only way for a "little" company to out perform the giant hotel chains is to empower hotel teams to run their hotels in a way that makes sense. Our hotel teams have the freedom to work outside the box and create their own success.
At The Dow Hotel Company, we look for creative, high energy individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and extraordinary drive to excellence. Our track record of promoting from within is truly remarkable; we believe hard work and success should be rewarded.
The DoubleTree and Embassy Suites O'Hare are seeking a Entry Level professional to join our thriving Sales team. This position is a SMERF Sales Manager. Are you a Sales a Catering Assistant ready to take the next step in your career growth? This could be the job for you!
Job responsibilities will include:
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel within assigned market segments, using effective written and oral communication
- Meet or exceed weekly minimum solicitation goals
- Maintain prime selling time
- Conduct outside sales calls locally to pre-qualified prospects
- Review competition constantly for leads and ideas
- Represent the hotel in at least one community or industry organization
- Consistently "ask for the business" rather than simply creating awareness of hotel and benefits. Be a closer
- Prepare information for, meet and entertain clients as appropriate. Conduct hotel site inspections
- Work with Director of Sales to maximize all rate, date and space commitments, ensuring highest yield for total hotel. Be accountable for all blocks and space commitments, maintaining communications with clients and revising as appropriate
- Participate in weekly sales meeting Offer ideas related to ways to improve hotel marketability
- Submit weekly sales activity report.
Ideal Candidate should possess:
- Hotel background at full service hotel
- Self-motivated to be successful
- Able to manager multiple projects at one time
- Delphi or other Hotel Sales Database Management System
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.