Wyndham Houston West
a 344 room property with over 9,000 sqare feet of meeting space is located in the growing Energy Corridor area.
We are seeking a SMERF Group Sales Manager with a proven track record of success in the Houston, Texas market. This candidate will be responsible for the Corporate Business Market.
The SMERF Group Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her specific geographic territory. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. He/she is also responsible for month-end reporting and tracking of account production.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
We offer a full range of health and welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic Life Insurance, and 401K plans.