Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewThe Ski Valet is responsible for receiving and storing guest ski and snowboard equipment at Stowe Mountain Club in a timely fashion. In addition, the Ski Valet assists guests with any special needs and/or services.Essential Functions
- Receives all ski and snowboard equipment from guests upon arrival at Stowe Mountain Club.
- Appropriately stores equipment according to the standard operating procedure.
- Prepares ski and snowboard equipment in a timely fashion each day for guest use.
- Provides assistance to guests with personalized service and communicates directly with them, both in person and by telephone.
- Stays knowledgeable and informed about all resort services, operations and activities as well as local information on restaurants, shops and activities.
- Provides information on facilities and services, events and attractions, tours, travel routes and transportation schedules.
- Provides ski conditions, ski maps, brochures and other literature.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior private club experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ski and snowboard equipment required.
- Knowledge of Mount Mansfield strongly preferred.
- Prior concierge or hospitality experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technical proficiency (basic computer applications).
- Customer service experience.
- Solid judgment and ability to resolve conflicts effectively.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adapt to changing guest needs.
- Flexible schedule to include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Must be 18 years of age or older.