Ski and Snowboard Valet
Blue Mountain Resort
Location: CA - ON - Blue Mountain
Blue Mountain, ON, CA L9Y 3Z2
REPORTS TO: Rentals Supervisor and/or Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time and Part Time, Seasonal
The purpose of this position is to provide equipment valet services to our Village guests/owners through friendly, attentive and professional service. Also to encourage the guest to not store their equipment in their guestroom to limit the damage and wear and tear in our buildings.
- Assist all guests with unloading ski/snowboard equipment
- Safely transporting equipment from various drop off locations in the village to the storage huts
- Act as a resort ambassador with offering information and directions to those in need.
- Creating a favorable guest experience.
- Must comply and participate with all company- wide programs
- Directing the guest i.e. where to pick up ski tickets at GCL, and other information
- Ensure all equipment storage huts are clean and free from garbage
- Working outside to collect and bring ski/snowboard equipment and ensure they are properly stored
- Must work in a safe manner and ensure work area is free from hindrances and hazards
- Provide additional support to ski / snowboard techs at village location if you are free to do so.
- Willing to sharpen and wax skis when time permits
- Other duties as assigned to you by your Supervisor
- Proven guest service ability with an attention to detail
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Team Oriented
- Previous experiences in customer service
- Must achieve an 80% or higher on binding manufacturer exam
- Enjoy working outdoors in all types of weather (winter jacket, pants and hat will be provided)
- A valid class G license and minimum 21 years of age as required to drive company vehicles
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays including, Christmas Break, Family Day Weekend and March Break.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.