A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Responsible for the receipt, verification, and processing of all goods received by the hotel. Performs storeroom operations tasks including receiving, inspecting, documenting and distributing merchandise; storeroom organization; inventory and maintenance; and reporting stock level of merchandise to Manager. Maintains a clean, orderly, efficient storeroom operation.
- Receives and inspects all deliveries according to property's policies and procedures to ensure daily compliance with all specifications and verifies that invoice or packing slip is present.
- Checks delivery invoice against purchase order (or other document) to verify weight, count, prices, and quality of goods received and accuracy of delivery; refuses acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items. May assist with unloading deliveries from trucks.
- Maintains the inventory and ensures the efficient transport of good, materials and supplies to each department.
- Monitors Periodic Automatic Replenishment (PAR) of all food items to ensure proper levels are on hand. Ensures proper rotation of all products using First In First Out method.
- Conducts and/or assists with inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs for all storage areas. Participates in inventory of china, glass, and silver.
- Completes requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Places orders by phone or computer and enters inventory information into the computer.
- Maintains copy of invoices for goods and products received and posts invoices using computer programs.
- Maintains clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Verifies and tracks received inventory and completes inventory reports and logs.
- Troubleshoots vendor delivery issues and oversees return process.
- Maintains dock and all storage areas. Maintains high sanitation standards for the storeroom, walk-in, refrigerators, freezers and loading dock area to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations. Keeps areas clean and organized.
- Distributes goods and products to appropriate locations using dollies, handcarts or golf carts. Handles and documents movement of merchandise from the storage areas to the respective outlets through daily requisitions.
- Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience required.
- One year of related experience required. Food handling experience desired.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through face-to-face interactions.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Requires communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of various types of inventory methods and practices.
- Requires valid Drivers' license in good standing with clean driving record to drive golf cart for deliveries. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between work areas. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. The team member frequently stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member talks regularly and frequently needs to hear sounds or voices. Many aromas and smells are present in the storerooms, kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing while moving or carrying boxes or supplies. The team member frequently pushes and pulls carts or boxes. Lifting is regularly required to unload, load, and move boxes/deliveries, and perform. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to unpack deliveries and move boxes and materials around the property. The team member is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside.The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour, i.e. while working around the kitchen. Occasionally subject to extreme cold when working in refrigerated areas. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise while working in or around the kitchen areas. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.