Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
TheService ExpressAgentanswers incoming calls fromoutside andinside thehotel.The agentidentifies all guest needs and handles their requests by dispatchinghotel staff viadirect connect or text-messagingservices.Service Express Agents are knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. Also, agents are part of the hotel's emergency response team.What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Correct use of phone equipment, consoles, headsets, telephones and other related equipment. Answer calls in accordance with established procedures.
- Answer and respond to guest problems and/or requests courteously and accurately. Ensure release of any Company, hotel, brand, and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- Prompt response to all emergency calls for help. Determine course of action, notify appropriate management and authorities in accordance with established procedures.
- Schedule wake-up calls or set wake-up clock.
- Sort and process guest related mail in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain fax machine and send/receive guest faxes. Process appropriate charges for this service.
- Explain and demonstrate TDD operations for guests.
- Maintain a clean and safe phone area.
- Be familiar with reservation procedures and assist as needed.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Guest service and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of sitting and occasional bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.Benefits
- Westin offers renewing health& welfare benefits and career opportunities!
The Westin Chicago North Shore is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-free Workplace. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled