A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Full Time Shift Available
Position Summary: Takes accurate orders from customers, enters orders in POS system, makes food recommendations, pairs beverages and clears/cleans tables once the meal has been completed while providing excellent guest service. Up sells food and beverage items to maximize profitability.
- Helps guests select food and beverages by presenting menu, suggesting courses, explaining the chef's specialties, identifying appropriate wines and answering food preparation questions.
- Enters orders to POS system and records guests' choices, special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Processes guest payment transactions accurately and closes out table. Balances all payment methods with accuracy to sales report.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work areas. Keeps area stocked.
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines
- Completes side work before, during and after shift.
- Provide guests a high level dining experience, while maintaining a professional distance and staying alert to their needs.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management.
- Must have at least 2 years of fine dining service experience.
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use POS computer systems used at the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail. Must be able to remain organized and handle multiple tasks and work under pressure of serving multiple guests at once.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
The Balboa Bay Resort is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.